Get the most out of your participation in the Leadership Update Conference!
Whether you are a charter school principal, administrator, teacher, board member, authorizer, consultant, vendor, or developer, or a very engaged community advocate, the California Charter Schools Leadership Update Conference will offer valuable networking events and varied professional development opportunities for all participants. We encourage you to consider your goals for joining the conference and plan accordingly by participating in the most relevant sessions and connecting with the most helpful vendors.
We’ve developed a number of opportunities throughout the conference to make your experience meaningful:
- The Annual Leadership Update Presentation: This year, all attendees will be able to join the 2022 Leadership Update hosted by CSDC’s Executive Director Eric Premack, which examines the extraordinary circumstances facing charter schools while providing guidance for how charter leaders should plan for the coming school year.
- Workshops: Sign-up for a workshop session with CSDC Specialists and guest instructors for a deep dive into critical topical presentations and engage in seminal discussions.
- Breakouts: Participate in up to four 75-minute breakout sessions, scheduled throughout the conference on topics such as leadership, governance, operations, accountability, instruction, and more.
- Learning Labs: CSDC is excited to introduce Learning Labs–shorter, focused sessions that will tap into key topics and discussions that are meant to spark your ideas.
- Welcome Happy Hour on Sunday to help kick off the conference with fellow participants
- Networking Reception: Join colleagues, CSDC staff, conference speakers, and vendors at our afternoon reception on Monday and help us toast 30 years of leading the way for innovative public education.
- Cupcakes and Coffee: Meet with some of your current vendors and make connections with potential new ones while you continue to keep your energy up with a little sweet treat and some caffeine at our Cupcakes and Coffee offering in the Exhibit Hall.
- Affinity Groups: Sign-up for networking groups designated towards specific affinity group topics or roles, and discuss challenges and best practices with your peers.
- Refreshments, Meals, and More: Each morning, join us for coffee and networking; lunch will be served for all in the Exhibit Hall, and afternoons will feature light refreshments and beverages.
- Hosted Breakfast: Join CSDC staff to learn more about our membership organization, and how to maximize member benefits in the coming year, view a tutorial on navigating your chartercenter.org member account, and win some swag!
- Connect with Key Charter Vendors: Connect with charter vendors while also qualifying for special raffles and prizes.
- Celebrate Green Apple Award Winners: Join CSDC for the fifth annual Green Apple Award, which recognizes exemplary charter school leaders who are on the cusp of achieving retirement!
All participants will be invited to sign-up for workshops and breakout sessions, access event details, and to connect with colleagues, speakers, and vendors ahead of the conference through our conference virtual platform.
*Virtual recordings of sessions will be selected based on interest and availability and is subject to change.